Log in if you have an account
Having an account with us will allow you to check out faster in the future, store multiple addresses, view and track your orders in your account, and more.Create an account
|Lens Mount||Sony E|
|Camera Format||APC-C (1.5x Crop Factor)|
|Pixels||Actual: 25 Megapixel Effective: 24.2 Megapixel|
|Maximum Resolution||6000 x 4000|
|Aspect Ratio||1:1, 3:2, 16:9|
|Sensor Size||23.5 x 15.6mm|
|Image File Format||JPEG, RAW|
|ISO Sensitivity||Auto, 100 to 32000 (Extended: 100 to 51200)|
|Shutter Speed||Mechanical Shutter 1/4000 to 30 Second Bulb Mode 1/4000 to 1/4 Second in Movie Mode|
|Continuous Shooting||Up to 11 fps at 24.2 MP for up to 33 Frames (Raw) / 77 Frames (JPEG) Up to 8 fps at 24.2 MP Up to 6 fps at 24.2 MP Up to 3 fps at 24.2 MP|
Presenting a versatile feature-set in an especially compact design, the Sony a6100 is an APS-C-format mirrorless camera well-suited for stills and video applications. Featuring a 24.2MP CMOS sensor and a BIONZ X processor, capturing high-resolution stills with a broad sensitivity range and low noise is possible. The sensor and processor combination also affords UHD 4K video recording along with quick continuous shooting up to 11 fps for working with moving subjects. Also benefitting fast-paced shooting, Real-time Eye AF and subject tracking capabilities help to ensure sharp focus on a variety of subject types.
Complementing the imaging capabilities, the a6100 features a 1.44m-dot OLED electronic viewfinder for clear eye-level viewing. A rear 3.0" 921.6k-dot touchscreen LCD is also available and has a 180° tilting design to suit working from high, low, and front-facing angles. Additionally, built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth enable wireless sharing of imagery as well as remote camera control from a linked mobile device.
24.2MP Exmor CMOS Sensor
UHD 4K Video Recording in XAVC S Format
4K video recording also avails the ability to produce 8MP stills during playback by taking a frame grab from a movie and storing it as a separate file.
The apt 4D FOCUS system also lends itself to a variety of focusing functions for refined accuracy, including Lock-on AF, which maintains focus on moving subjects throughout the use of a configurable frame that is set over the desired moving subject, and Expand Flexible Spot, which employs neighboring focus points to retain focus on moving subjects even if the originally selected point loses focus. Autofocus can also be used in conjunction with the Focus Magnifier function for critical focus when homing in on minute subject details.
In addition to autofocus, the a6100 also features a Peaking MF function to benefit manual focus control by highlighted sharp edges of contrast for a more objective means of acquiring sharp focus.
Body Design and Built-In Wi-Fi
- The SVGA Tru-Finder 1.44m-dot OLED electronic viewfinder offers a bright, high-resolution means for eye-level monitoring.
- A 3.0" 921.6k-dot LCD touchscreen can be tilted 180° upward or 74° downward to suit working from high and low angles. The screen also incorporates White Magic technology with an RGBW pixel structure for increased brightness to support use in daylight conditions.
- The touchscreen design avails access to Touch Focus control, for immediate focus point selection, as well as a Touchpad function which lets you smoothly and intuitively select a focus point on the screen while you're looking into the viewfinder.
- Integrated 3.5mm microphone ports afford greater control over audio during video recording.
- The included NP-FW50 rechargeable lithium-ion is rated for approximately 420 shots per charge when working with the LCD screen.
- In addition to the battery, the a6100 can also be powered via a USB connection to a computer or mobile battery. This connection can also be used to charge the battery.
- Built-in Wi-Fi enables the a6100 to instantly share imagery to mobile devices for direct sharing online to social networking, via email, and to cloud storage sites. NFC (Near Field Communication) is also supported, which allows for one-touch connection between the camera and compatible mobile devices; no complex set-up is required. Once connected, the linked mobile device can also display a live view image on its screen and remotely control the camera's shutter.
- Bluetooth connectivity allows for location data acquisition.
0 stars based on 0 reviews
Add your review
Review Sony Alpha a6100 Mirrorless Digital Camera with 16-50mm Lens Kit