Log in if you have an account
Having an account with us will allow you to check out faster in the future, store multiple addresses, view and track your orders in your account, and more.Create an account
Small Size, Huge Versatility
G Master Image Quality
- Bright f/2.8 constant aperture allows users to capture images in dim lighting conditions and with a shallow depth of field.
- Two ED (extra-low dispersion) and two Super ED elements effectively suppress chromatic aberrations and color fringing for greater clarity and color fidelity.
- Five aspherical elements, including two extreme aspherical elements (XA), minimize spherical aberrations, distortion, and also reduce 'onion ring' bokeh.
- Nano AR Coating II controls flare and ghosting with support from a new optical design that reduces internal reflections.
- An 11-blade aperture diaphragm helps create smooth, circular bokeh at all aperture settings.
Faster AF and Floating Focus Mechanism
Faster focusing performance, improved close-up shooting, and enhanced control are all benefits of the redesigned focusing system.
- Four XD (extreme dynamic) Linear Motors contribute to greatly improved focusing performance, compared to the DDSSM system of the predecessor, including faster, quieter, and more precise AF that's ideal for both photo and stills.
- Faster AF means improved focusing when working with fast-moving subjects; support is available for shooting at up to 30 fps, full AF is maintained even when shooting stopped down, and focus tracking is possible even when changing the zoom position.
- Floating focusing mechanism helps maintain image quality throughout the focusing range, which is especially important considering the impressive close-up performance of this lens: minimum focusing distance of 8.3" at the 24mm position or 11.8" at the 70mm position and a maximum magnification of 0.32x at the 70mm position.
- Internal focusing design promotes snappier, more responsive focusing performance and also maintains the overall lens length during operation.
Improved Control and Video Capabilities
- Focus breathing, focus shift, and axial shift during zooming have all been minimized to prevent unwanted movements and angle of view variations for greater compositional accuracy during recording.
- Supports the Breathing Compensation function in select cine-line and Alpha cameras.
- The XD Linear Motors are also especially quiet to better enable the use of AF during video recording.
- Linear Response MF provides natural, intuitive manual focus control.
- Manual aperture ring can be de-clicked for silent operation and the zoom smoothness can be adjusted depending on the desired torque.
Compact, Lightweight, and Robust Design
Among the smallest and lightest f/2.8 standard zooms available, this lens doesn't lose sight of its professional attributes and also remains a weather-sealed, durable lens for use in trying working conditions.
- Approximately 22% lighter and 18% smaller than its predecessor, this zoom is a highly portable and versatile option for a huge variety of shooting applications.
- Now fit with a manual aperture ring, tactile exposure control is possible. This ring can be de-clicked for smooth and silent iris pulls or it can be locked in the 'A' position for camera-based aperture switching.
- Two programmable focus hold buttons and a focus mode switch for intuitive focus control.
- Zoom smoothness switch for changing between Smooth and Tight zoom ring torque.
- Hybrid construction uses both metal and plastic components to maximize both durability and a low weight design.
- Dust- and moisture-resistant design includes rubber gaskets at each seam and a rubber ring sealing the lens mount for ensured use when working in inclement weather conditions.
- Front lens element has a fluorine coating that repels water, oil, and other contaminants and makes the lens easier to clean.
- Included lens hood features a locking button and a filter window for easier adjustment of rotating filters (e.g. polarizers, variable NDs).
In the Box
- Sony FE 24-70mm f/2.8 GM II Lens
- Sony ALC-F82S 82mm Front Lens Cap
- Sony ALC-R1EM Rear Lens Cap
- Sony ALC-SH168 Lens Hood
- Lens Case
- Limited 1-Year Warranty
0 stars based on 0 reviews
Add your review
Review Sony FE 24-70mm f/2.8 GM II Lens (Preorder)