Log in if you have an account
Having an account with us will allow you to check out faster in the future, store multiple addresses, view and track your orders in your account, and more.Create an account
|Lens Mount||Sony E|
|Angle of View||29°|
|Minimum Focus Distance||2.62' / 80 cm|
|Optical Design||9 Elements in 8 Groups|
|Diaphragm Blades||9, Rounded|
|Filter Size||67 mm (Front)|
|Dimensions (ø x L)||3.07 x 3.23" / 78 x 82 mm|
|Weight||13.09 oz / 371 g|
An ideal portrait-length prime, the FE 85mm f/1.8 from Sony is a sleek short-telephoto lens designed for full-frame E-mount mirrorless cameras. The bright f/1.8 maximum aperture benefits this lens's use in low-light conditions and also affords extensive control over depth of field when working with selective focus techniques. The nine elements, eight groups lens construction includes one extra-low dispersion element to minimize chromatic aberrations and color fringing for greater clarity and color accuracy. Benefitting the optical design is a simple, intuitive physical layout that incorporates a customizable focus hold button and a physical AF/MF switch. The double linear AF motor itself affords quick, quiet, and smooth focusing performance, and this motor also offers snappy manual focus performance for fine-tuned control. Finally, the lens is designed to be dust- and moisture-resistant for increased protection.
- Prime portrait-length lens is designed for full-frame Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras, however can also be used on APS-C models where it will provide a 127.5mm equivalent focal length.
- Bright f/1.8 maximum aperture allows for fine-tuned control over depth of field and also benefits working in difficult lighting conditions.
- One extra-low dispersion element is featured in the optical design and helps to limit color fringing and chromatic aberrations for heightened image clarity and color accuracy.
- Double linear autofocus motor delivers smooth, precise, and near silent focusing performance to benefit both stills and video applications.
- The focus hold button on the lens barrel can be used to hold the focusing position, or can be set in-camera to control a variety of additional lens functions. Also, the lens has an AF/MF switch for tactile control over the focus mode.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality when employing selective focus techniques.
- Dust- and moisture-resistant design for increased protection to the elements.
0 stars based on 0 reviews
Add your review
Review Sony FE 85mm f/1.8 Lens